HF:H70084Az Playing the saxophone I - Course Information
H70084Az Playing the saxophone IFaculty of Music
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- Mgr. Rostislav Fraš (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Jazz Interpretation Department - Faculty of Music - Janáček Academy of Performing Arts
Supplier department: Jazz Interpretation Department - Faculty of Music - Janáček Academy of Performing Arts
- EVER ( H70084Al Playing the saxophone I )
Appropriate technical prowess and expertise to play that instrument is tested during the admission procedure.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Jazz interpretation (programme HF, B-HUDUM, specialization Saxophone)
- Course objectives
- Understanding your own tools in the context of jazz interpretation and improvisation, the transfer of knowledge from teroretických subjects into practical use
- Students work with teachers on technical mastery of the tools, with emphasis on precision and clarity of expression, confidence and rhythmic phrasing. Study bebopových etudes and solo transcriptions of Charlie Parker, application materials from the "Jazz Improvisation" for the instrument - use scales and fingering, playing arpeggios in different tempos. Rehearsal for the ensemble play in terms of harmony, improvisation and playing jazz themes. Working with the tone of the tools, with emphasis on the nobility of sound and tonal individuality.
- Dunscomb, J. R. : Jazz Pedagogy – The Jazz Educator’s Handbook and Resource Guide, Warner Brothers, 2004
- Monroe, L. : Jazz Expression, Berklee Press, 2005
- Teaching methods
- Thematic consultations, demonstrations, work with core jazz recordings, etc.
- Assessment methods
- classified credit
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Credit evaluation note: 7 z 14.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Pro úspěšný zápis předmětu si zaregistrujte též odpovídající předmět v letním semestru (podle předpokladu "EVER")