HF:H70097l Bigband I - Course Information
H70097l Bigband IFaculty of Music
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Matúš Jakabčic (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Jazz Interpretation Department - Faculty of Music - Janáček Academy of Performing Arts
Supplier department: Jazz Interpretation Department - Faculty of Music - Janáček Academy of Performing Arts
- Successful completion of the course "Big Band - the first part"
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The student is required to demonstrate that while working in the troupe mastered the ability to listen to your teammates, can cooperate with the conductor and can use various colors of his instrument in different moods in terms of style, pace and dynamics of the composition.
- Dissemination of experience with interpretation of big band music. Studying complex compositions and arrangements from the workshop of modern big band artists. Emphasis on precise interplay of individual sections and work with the dynamics of the body. Use of the offered tone color - woodwind and brass instruments dampers. Comparing differences in expression and feeling older big band elements with modern jazz orchestras. Working on songs such authors as: Thad Jones, Gil Evans, Maria Schneider, Vince Mendoza, Mel Lewis, Joe Henderson and Bob Brookmayer.
- Nahrávky popř. noty předních big bandů (D. Redman, F. Henderson, C. Basie, D. Ellington, B. Holman, S. Kenton, G. Evans, M. Schneider, D. Holland, J. Fedchock a další). info
- Jones, T. : Child Is Born, Alfred, New York, 2002
- Wright, R. : Inside the Score, Kendor Music, New York, 1982
- Teaching methods
- Exercise - 2h
- Assessment methods
- classified credit
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Credit evaluation note: 1 z 2.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Pro úspěšný zápis předmětu si zaregistrujte též odpovídající předmět v zimním semestru (podle předpokladu "EVER")