DIFA:DDAL410 Verse in Drama - Course Information
DDAL410 Verse in DramaFaculty of Theatre
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr.art. Jozef Gombár (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Petr Oslzlý
Ateliér režie a dramaturgie Petra Oslzlého - Ateliér režie a dramaturgie - Děkanát - Faculty of Theatre - Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts in Brno
Supplier department: Ateliér režie a dramaturgie Petra Oslzlého - Ateliér režie a dramaturgie - Děkanát - Faculty of Theatre - Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts in Brno
- Tue 16:15–17:45 407
- Bachelor graduation.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The subject of the Verse in Drama is designed for students of drama and dramaturgy. This is a seminar, which the content is not primarily the theory of the verse, but the practical familiarization with the process going on actor's interpretation of the dramatic verse. The aim of the course is to learn students of the dramaturgy and beside this to direct them (those for whom the "material of creation is actor's performance") have made their own "inner personal experience" with the interpretation of the dramatic text and have gained a deeper understanding of the verse of drama and the process of acting.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the subject, the student understands the principles of work with the actor in studying the text - verses in drama. He is able to play in rough terms his idea based on the understanding of prosody and semantic verses.
- 1. Sufficient Practical Minimum of Literature: The Difference Between Prose and Poetry. Semantic a prosodic plane of the text. 3. Verse in general: rhythm, rhyme, strofa, poetic figures, tropics. Prosodic systems.4. Sylabotonic prozoda: the trace (trochej, jamb, daktyl), the metrum, the hole, the overurage, the fall of the verse, double verse, overlap.5. Ratio of meaning intonation to prosodic. Importance of breakdown a the most common mistakes. 6. Veris drama. Four types: blankvers, verse of Spanish drama, alexandrin, free verse. 7. Practical exercises with selected texts: Shakespeare - Macbeth, The Taming of a Wicked Woman Calderón - Life is a dream Corneille - Cid Rostand - Cyrano of Bergerac Claudel - Annunciation of Mary, Satin Slipper Bernhardt - Minetti 8. The role of empathy and imagination in acting in interpreting the verse. Need for detail the division of the text and the awareness of its content and formality. 9.Psychophysical adoption of all the assumptions of its new origin.
- required literature
- Hrabák, J." Úvod do reorie verše. Praha 1986.
- recommended literature
- Lukavský R. : Sláva slova. Praha 2012.
- Lukavský, R. : Živé slovo. Praha 2004
- Mikeš, V.: O duchu alexandrinu. Program k inscenaci Cyrano z Bergeracu. Národní divadlo Praha 2002.
- Černý V. Tvorba a osobnost, Odeon, Praha 1992. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Continuous monitoring of student performance during semester tuition. Final Conversation to Assess Competencies Obtained.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.jamu.cz/course/difa/summer2021/DDAL410