Cello – Field of study catalogue JAMU
The field is guaranteed by the String Instruments Department. Since its inception, a number of experts in this field have already been educated in this field. During its development, the field has reached a format in which theoretical, practical and applied courses are represented and well interconnected. Therefore, the teachers of theoretical courses are well aware of the practical art projects in which students participate and they are thus able to utilise immediate practical knowledge in theoretical teaching.
“Graduates demonstrate extensive knowledge in the repertoire of the relevant musical instrument and the repertoire of chamber ensembles
– have deep knowledge in the field of history the instrument and its repertory, music history and aesthetics
– are familiar with contemporary trends in pedagogy and psychology
– master the basic principles of pedagogical work
– are deeply familiar with current trends in methodology.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- a soloist performing with an orchestra or a soloist organising his or her own recitals;
- a player of a symphony, chamber or theatre orchestra;
- a leader or member of chamber ensembles;
- teacher at art schools, conservatories and music grammar schools, universities of arts or pedagogy, worker in music and cultural institutions
a soloist performing with an orchestra or a soloist organising his or her own recitals, player of a symphony, chamber or theatre orchestra, member or the leading member of chamber ensembles, teacher in art schools, conservatories and music grammar schools, universities of arts or pedagogy, worker in music and cultural institutions
The study plan consists of compulsory, elective and optional courses and of compulsory artistic study outputs.
A student must obtain 60 credits for each year of studies and finish the studies with a state final examination in selected courses, graduation performance defence and diploma thesis defence.
Contents and scope of the final examination:
Defence of the graduation project, Defence of the diploma thesis, Philosophy of Arts, History of the Instrument and its Repertory