- Person-Related Identification Information
- Jurij Likin, professor of oboe and vice-dean of the Faculty of Music of Janacek Academy of Performing Arts in Brno, professor of oboe at New York University in Prague, solo oboist of Prague Symphony Orchestra, member of Prague Wind Quintet, member of Janacek Ensemble.
- Faculty of Music of Janacek Academy of performing Arts in Brno
- Employment - Position
- Education and Academic Qualifications
- 2014, Associate professor, habilitation at JAMU in Brno.
1994, Prague Mozart Academy, Chamber music study, prof. Maurice Bourgue (France), Michael Faust (Austria), Jess Read (USA), André Cazalet (France), Wolker Altmann (Austria), Hatto Bayerle (USA).
1992 - 1993 the annual study internship at the class of prof. Maurice Bourgue (CNSM de Paris), French Government Scholarship.
1992 diploma with honours from the State Conservatory of Belarus in Minsk, the Master's program: Playing the oboe. Qualifications: concert performer, soloist, orchestral musician, teacher.
1986 graduated from the Music Lyceum in Minsk.
- Since 2013 Janacek Academy of Performing Arts in Brno, vice-dean of the Music Faculty.
Since 2010 New York University in Prague, professor of oboe.
Since 2009 Faculty of Music, Janacek Academy of Performing Arts in Brno, professor of oboe.
Since 1994 Prague Symphony Orchestra, co-principal oboist.
1999 – 2000 Jan Neruda Lyceum, Prague, professor of oboe.
1994 -1995 Prague Philharmonic (PKF), principal oboist.
1990 - 1994 Byelorussian State Philharmonic, principal oboist.
- Teaching Activities
- Instrumental playing (oboe, cor anglais).
Orchestral parts and solos (oboe, cor anglais).
Method of oboe playing.
History of oboe playing.
Oboe reed making.
Chamber music playing.
- Scientific and Research Activities
- Participation at the International Music Festivals (as a soloist and chamber music player): Music Festival of the Senate of the French Republic, Stresa Music Festival, Salzburg Mozart Festival, Prague Spring Festival, Opera de Marseille Music Festival, Green Bay Music Festival, Toulon Music Festival etc.
Concerts: recitals, chamber music concerts, concerts for the solo-oboe with symphony orchestras (Prague Symphony Orchestra, Prague Philharmonic, Prague Chamber Philharmonic, Prague Chamber Orchestra, Czech Chamber Philharmonic, Kyoto Symphony, Bautzen Philharmonic, Bristol Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra of Prague Symphony etc.)
- 2015 Conservatorio di Musica "Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina" - Cagliari, Ialy (Erasmus pedagogical mobility).
Lecturer of international master classes at the Universities: Yokohama, Tokyo (Japan), Marseille, Miramas, Toulon (France), Bristol (England), Green Bay, Indianapolis, Lexington, Superior (USA), St. Petersburg, Moscow (Russia), Plzeň, Dobřichovice, Ostrava, Brno, Praha (Czech Republic), Žilina (Slovakia).
- University Activities
- Vice-dean of the Music Faculty.
Member of the Presidium of the Leoš Janáček International Competition in Brno.
Since 2010 - lecturer of International Master Classes of the Faculty of Music, Janacek Academy of Performing Arts in Brno.
- Activities Outside University
- Member of Prague Wind Quintet, member of Janacek Ensemble.
Francis Poulenc: Centenary Edition (Vol. 1), Harmonia Mundi a PRAGA DIGITALS, PRD 250 109, 1997.
The Old Testament in Music, Oliverius OL 0003-2131, 1995.
Leoš Janáček: Centenary Edition, Harmonia Mundi a PRAGA DIGITALS, PRD 250 134, 1998.
Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Piano Quintets, TKCC-15292, 2004.
Tribute to Jean Francaix, Harmonia Mundi a PRAGA DIGITALS, PRD 250 126, 1998.
Bohuslav Martinů: Compositions for wind Instruments and piano, Panton 81 1348-2 131, 1995.
Prague Wind Quintet, PRAGO ART PRODUCT, PAP 2202/96, 1996.
Tribute to Florent Schmidt, Harmonia Mundi a PRAGA DIGITALS, PRD 250 156, 1998.
Antonín Rejcha Wind Quintets Op. 100, MK 0023, 1996.
Antonín Rejcha Chamber Music, MK 0025, 1996.
F. Josef Haydn: Music for Winds, HELICON HE 1043.
Music for Winds: Hummel, Gounod, Bernard, MASTERSOUND DFCDI-032.
Krommer: Partitas, MASTERSOUND DECDI-035.
Tolerance – Czech Modern Music, TRIGA Tri 0001-2 131.
Karel Husa: Chamber Music, PANTON 819009-2131.
F. Poulenc Sextet for Piano & Wind Quintet, Carlton Classics 30367 02072.
Antonín Dvořák: Serenades from Bohemia, Harmonia Mundi a PRAGA DIGITALS PRD350021, Antonín Dvořák: Serenades op. 22, op. 44, Slavonic Dances.
Sergey Prokofiev: Humoresque, Romeo and Juliet, Harmonia Mundi a PRAGA DIGITALS, PRD 250216.
Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov: Piano and Wind Quintet, Harmonia Mundi a PRAGA DIGITALS, PRD 350039.
- Awards Related to Science and Research
- French music journal Diapason price for the recording of wind quintets of Antonín Rejcha, French music journal Repertoire price for the recording of chamber music of Bohuslav Martinů, prestigious price of French critics „Choc du Monde de la Musique 1999“ for the recording of chamber music of Leoš Janacek.