Stage Design – Field of study catalogue JAMU
The scenography studio is conceived as a synthesising path to self-expression, interconnection creation in space, time and situation.
It is thus a controlled path of conceptual thinking and creation, combining contemporary dramatic, artistic and technological means.
Bachelor’s degree studies in scenography – the students acquire basic general knowledge in the field of theatre and material culture and improve their skills in the field of artistic means of expression (drawing, painting, modelling, photo, video, light design, work on a computer). In the main course – Scenography – the students learn to analyse and visually transform and process the assigned topic and improve their artistic and material feelings and spatial imagination. They also acquire the necessary technological basics – they learn to create technical documentation for the production of scenes and costumes. They also gain their first experience with the implementation of their projects and learn to work with students of direction, dramaturgy, and acting.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- they are aware of the ethical dimension of artistic cognition and discovery;
- they are able to name a problem and formulate their own professional argumentation;
- they analyse and choose adequate methodologies, they can apply them in the teaching process and they are able to work as teachers in the field of education and arts;
- they can use the basic terminology of the field in a qualified manner in their first language, as well as in an acquired second language;
- they cooperate in a team, participate in the definition of its tasks, assume co-responsibility and reflect upon and respect the opinions of their collaborators.
Students must enrol in and complete courses marked as the field basics. They supplement their study plan with personal specialisation courses from the offer of their studio and the Faculty of Theatre.
Successful completion of all courses marked as the field’s basic courses.
Acquisition of at least 180 credits.
Contents and scope of the final examination
History of Theatre
History of Czech Theatre
History of Costume
Defence of the bachelor’s graduation project
Defence of the bachelor’s thesis