Music Production – Field of study catalogue JAMU
The field is guaranteed by the Music Production Department. Since its inception, a number of experts in this field have already been educated in this field. During its development, the field has reached a format in which theoretical, practical and applied courses are represented and well interconnected. Therefore, the teachers of theoretical courses are well aware of the practical art projects in which students participate and they are thus able to utilise immediate practical knowledge in theoretical teaching.
A graduate has deep knowledge of strategic management, human resource management, PR, marketing and economics
– has extensive legislative knowledge of copyright, cultural economics, managerial psychology and mass media
– analyses the operation of music institutions
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- a graduate is prepared for management of music institutions, management and organisation of large-scale music events
- leading position in creative industry entities, project manager, leading manager of a project office, manager of a festival, orchestra or theatre
- artistic manager, artistic agent, manager of a non-profit organisation, producer, worker in the field of culture, dramaturge and organisation manager of art schools, conservatories and music grammar schools
a graduate is prepared for management of music institutions, management and organisation of large-scale music events, to hold leading positions in creative industries, such as project manager, project office leading manager, festival, orchestra or theatre manager, artistic manager, artistic agent, non-profit organisation manager, producer, worker in the field of culture, dramaturge and manager of art schools, conservatories and music grammar schools
The study plan consists of compulsory, elective and optional courses and of compulsory artistic study outputs.
A student must obtain 60 credits for each year of studies and finish the studies with a state final examination in selected courses, graduation performance defence and diploma thesis defence.
Contents and scope of the final examination:
Defence of the graduation project, Defence of the diploma thesis, Philosophy of Arts, Cultural Management